Glazed stoneware cream jugs and pots, dating from around 1910.
This pottery finish was termed ‘treacleglaze’ for the dark brown tone. Pots stamped with ‘Western Counties Creameries, Aplin & Barrett Ltd, Yeovil, Martson & Westbury. This dairy company was created in 1898, following the merger between two West Country dairy businesses, and was the origin of the St Ivel brand of dairy goods.
H9.5cm x W7cm